Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfmmd

Programmer
Aug 13, 2002
US
I am running a G3xV11 S8700 Media Server and have a problem with a coverage path. I have standard cover path set up for extension 5555 with the first point of coverage being 6666. When the call goes to coverage, the line is still showing a rining status on 5555 while actively ringning 6666. If I pick up 6666, the calls is still holding the call-appearance on 5555. Any help is greatly appreciated.

manfmmd

This is just a guess -

In the System-Parameters Features (page 3) there is an entry for Temporary Bridged Appearance on Call Pickup?. When we had this set at Y (the default) we would get the behaviour you describe when someone would pickup an incoming call (either with directed call pickup, or through a call pickup group). Maybe it's the same with coverage paths? At any rate, it's something easy to try.....

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

I should have stated what I tried, and that was it. Thanks for input though.

on the system parameters call coverage/call forward screen, there is a field under coverage that maintains SBA (Simulated Bridged Appearance) at principal? When set to Yes, it will remain at the primary extension via SBA allowing the person to answer the call even after the call has gone to coverage. Set that field to No if you do not wish to have that ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back