Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Path problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

GScorchio

Technical User
Mar 2, 2008
SE
Hi,
I know there's quite a few threads on this, but I can't seem to find one to resolve the problem I have.
I've setup a coverage path to route to 6 extensions (which are 6 agent pin numbers). The last extension is actually the original agent pin number which i want the call to route back to as a last entry point.

This works. However - what I'm trying to do is that if the original agent becomes available during the hunting, I want the call to route straight to them and not carry on with the coverage path. Is this possible?? How do I do it? I assigned the coverage path by the way to the original agent pin number. This is the only place it's set in place.

Can you help as I'm desperate to resolve this tomorrow??

Thanks guys

You could always put all 6 ext in a pick-up group so any one of the ext can chose to pick up the call at any time throughout the ringing patern.

If the agetns don't move about, put the six station numbers into a coverage answer group and point the coverage path to this, then if the original agent doesn't answer, all six phones will ring and if the call still isn't answered and the original agent becomes available they can answer the call. It's a dirty way of doing it, but it might just work for you.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Thanks for that - however..... I can't have all 6 extensions ringing together. I want the call to route to each in a particular order as some of the people are only included as emgy handlers. Is there no way of doing this as well as what you mentioned with a coverage answer group?

You can maybe do it with vectors. Set up your call taker as a one person acd. Route to another number if he is not available. If that person is not answering cover to another vector and if he is still not available repeat the procedure
using a third vector. It might take six vectors and vdn numbers. You might have to add a second line to you emgy handlers for this so they can still use there normal cover path on their main extension.

make a hunt group and chose the option of Sequintial and add extension in the order you want to ring, like 1st user who is responsible, then if 1st one is busy the 2nd responsible, then in same order 3rd.....6th.

in this way,it rings on 1st extension, if that is busy or no one pick for 5-10 seconds, it rings on next extension and so on.

if no one ring then it goes to voice mail.

I think this will resolve u issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back