Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage, have hit 8 button limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosfrank

Technical User
Jan 5, 2006
US
I have a site that would like 10 phones to have coverage buttons for the operator's extension. The system Magix r4 will allow me to only program 7 or 8. The sites has a mix of POTS and DID so I am not sure how well group cover would work.

Any ideas?

How about taking away the cover for a couple extensions and putting a bell or external ringer hooked up to an analog port in a central location to those extensions and covering the operator to the bell. Then when someone hears the bell they can do a pickup of the operator.

That is an idea, but they are not really a 'bell' kind of group. I was thinking of putting coverage in strategic locations and putting a pickup button on all of the phones though.

I had a site that was similar. DID for main number but wanted all phones to be able to pick up.

I assigned the incoming DID to an adjunct.
Created cover buttons on 6-7 phones.
Created shared system access buttons for additional phones.

There is a similar limit for SSA buttons but it fit my needs of 12-13 phones ringing.

Don't forget "group coverage" you can put the console, assuming it is a DLC into a cover group as the only member, and assign cover group buttons to other extensions, this is 8 buttons per group. All this assuming no voice mail to complicate things. Also you could assign the lines to a phantom extension, and have cover buttons for that extension if you do not assign principal user to the console.

Well, Since this is an R4 MAGIX, you have the option of an ALL RING CALLING GROUP.

I did one today where the client wanted all extensions in this one area to be rang when someone did a ZERO OUT from any of their Mail Boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back