Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage for Attendant Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcresswell

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
I have a CM 5.2 s8730 with an assortment of remote G650 Port Networks and G700 media gateways at 15 different locations. Only a few of the remote locations have attendant consoles so the rest of the locations are being routed back to the console in Tenant 1 whenever anyone presses 0. I would like to determine if there is a way to put a virtual (X ported) console at each location that doesn't have a physical console and have it cover to a local answering position.

I realize that I could make this work by creating a vector routing table for each location and then routing the call to the local extension, but with 2500+ extension this will be a pretty daunting task. It would also be somewhat cumbersome to maintain in the future. If there is a way to provide coverage on a virtual attendant console, then all I would have to do is create an attendant for each location and its associated coverage path.

So far, I have created an attendant, set it in a new attendant group, set a night service destination to the local extension, and then tried to "enable night service attendant XX". This didn't work and I presume it is because the system doesn't see the actual console. Is there any way to provide coverage of any sort on an attendant console??

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back