Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coverage Apperance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpollack

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2005
US
I have two extensions setup to cover eachother. Extension 2712 (3810 Wireless) and 2230 (4412D+). In both I have set the idle time set 1. I have programed each phone's buttons with coverage apperance and action data. The action data is set to the other user/ext. The problem is if I dial 2230 then 2712 will not ring, but if I dial 2712, 2230 will ring. What is going on here, everything seems to be setup right.

Thanks,
John

I just tried the same config with two 4412s and it works properly. I guess the 3810 maybe the problem, but accoring to Avaya the 3810 supports coverage apperance.

if there is no coverage time for the cordless then the coverage button will not work on 4412 i think. try putting in line 5 seconds or something and test that

I put in a ticket with Avaya and they are testing my config. Avaya thinks that the config is setup right.

jconrad0305, should add 5 seconds to the 3810 or 4412?

Thanks,
John

Finally got it working after Avaya figured out that the 4 programable buttons on the 3810 do not matchup to the 1234 etc button programing entries in IP Office Manager version 5.2(54). On the 3810 buttons 1&2 matchup with 8&9 in manager and 3&4 matchup with 1&2 in manager. Go figure, but the problem is solved.

What!!! Did neither you or whoever you talked to at Avaya read a manual. There is an "IP Office Button Programming" manual and it includes details of how buttons on the phones map to buttons in Manager.

We use 4412s and all the buttons map 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc. This is the only 3810 in the orginization, so I never thought for a moment that the 3810 would need special consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back