Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cover path criteria - inside vs outside call? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrevino

MIS
Mar 22, 2004
US
I was hoping someone could explain the difference between selecting yes or no when setting up the coverage criteria on an inside vs outside call?
I have a user that wants external calls to follow the normal cover points, but if its coming from an internal user, they want it to roll into an ACD VDN number. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance, Tony

Hi ttrevino,

The option internal/external calls is indeed used to make a difference in cover routing for internal and external calls.
To make it work you will need to create 2 coverage paths.

In your example, we will use cover 10 and 20.

Cover 20: Set external to "N" and add the cover to VDN.
Cover 10: Set internal to "N", add the normal cover points BUT also add value "20" in the field "Next Path Number".
Assign cover 10 to the station.

In case of an EXTERNAL call: the system will check cover 10.
Here, external is Y, so it will send the call to the normal cover points.

In case of an INTERNL call: system will check cover 10, but here internal is "N", so it will skip cover 10 and jumpt to the next cover. In this case 20 and will route the internal call to the VDN.

So, always make sure to have 2 cover paths and link them.

Regards,
Erik

Thanks for the help! I'll give it a try tomorrow when I get back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back