Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting using Business Days Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivyleaf

Programmer
Nov 1, 2000
US
Let me preface my request by saying that I searched in the keyword search and FAQ area for an answer prior to posting, but I must be wording my request incorrectly.

I am using a business day/holiday formula that I found on the Crystal Decision's Website to determine actual working days between two dates. It works perfectly except that I now want to count the number of instances that records meet or exceed 4 days. I am able to use the formula in my calculation to determine those cases open for 4 or more days. I am unable to create a summary function using the business day/holiday formula.

My goal is to be able to get a total number of records for a specific time period, and I do that by performing a distinct count of records from another field. I get 428. This shows up in my report even though my actual report shows the 26 records that exceed 4 or more days. I want to get the 26 number to show up too, and then get a percentage. (I can do the percentage part as well, if only I can get the 26 number to appear)

Can you provide any help? I can send more information if I'm not clear about what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

I have a formula in my FAQ on common formulas that also calculates business days.

Mine can be used in summary operations if you change the first line from WhilePrintingRecords to WhileReadingRecords. That assumes that the input fields you are using do not involve summary info.

Then you write a formula that says:

If @days > 4 then 1 else 0

then you SUM this column. Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

Thank you , thank you, thank you! It works, you are just wonderful!

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back