Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting number of doucuments in all domino databases 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grar

Technical User
Aug 12, 2004
PL
Hi,
I would like to ask if anyone knows whether there is a possiblity to find the number of documents in all domino databases located in the Data directory. If not, does anyone know any easy way of couning the number of documents.
many thanks

There are two options available to you:

1. Domain Catalog database
This database is updated by default at 1am each day by the Catalog task on the Domino server. There is a document for each database on your server in this catalog and one of the pieces of information it records is the number of documents in each database. You could create a customized view in this database and add a column for the 'DbNumDocuments' field. This will give you the information. You could also Total this column to get the total number of documents in all databases. You could also customize this view to sort it by directory if you wanted more detailed information.

2. Write a Script
You could write a script that navigates all databases on your server using the NotesDbDirectory method and getting the NotesDatabase.AllDocuments property for each database. You can then calculate the total from this.

Hi aelliott,
many thanks for your answer, it resolved my problem.
Have a nice day

Regards,
Grar

Hi;
I have two questions.

Q1.The other domain servers over the internet couldn't send mail to my domino server by pop3 client programs(outlook, notes client,etc) but they have to be able to send by webmail ( yahoo,hotmail,etc).this is a message that return to pop3 clients.

Delivery Failure Report
Your document: ss
was not delivered to: xxxx@xxxx.com
because: The original message was received at Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:48:08 +0700 (ICT)
from 203-150-71-41.inter.net.th [203.150.71.41] (may be forged)
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<XXX@XXX.com>
----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <XXX@XXXX.com>... Host unknown (Name server: XXXX.XXXX.com.: non-recoverable error)
How can I fix this problem ?

Q2. I can't receive internet mail because Incoming internet mail has removed in the replication page.
How can I fix this problem without to installation the new program ?

Thank you very much..
Mongkol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back