Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting New Records, Reports and query by date range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

MIS
Jan 14, 2002
NL
I'd like to place a field on a form that displays a count of the number of new records created in a table in a given day. What would be the most sensible way of doing this?

Also, I'd like to produce a report for a date range 'all records between dateA and dateB. what would be the syntax for the criteria for this...

Hmmm come to think of it one last query... I catpture an initial record. RecordA in TableA. There are three tables related to TableA, tbl1, tbl2, tbl3. Each table containing 0 or greater number of records. I'd like to be able to generate a report that outputs all fields in RecordA and each related record in tbl1, 2 and 3. How might I do this?

Cheers in advance....

Hammondo,

1. The count issue - in the field set the source to a query that does a count on what ever you are looking for. This will put the count in the field.

2. You will need to pass the parameters to the query that controls the report output. Do you need to get this date information from the user at runtime or is it a set time period (ie last mon - fri).

3. Is your database set up with relationships, PK and FK? This will make a big difference in how to do your report.

thanks,

2. the dates will be user defined.

3. The Db is set up with relationships. tbl1, tbl2, tbl3 all hold copies of the root records key field (but have their own unique primary key fields). One to Many relationships from TableA to tbl1, tbl2 and tbl3 are defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back