Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counting Characters in Textbox on the Userform 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYFashionToGo

Technical User
Jan 16, 2007
US
I have a userform that Pulls data from the spreadsheet as well as saves it back to the spreadsheet if I change an Information..

I would like to be able to view the character count as I enter new text inside the userform. I have tried many things already. And what I am doing does work. But I have to close the userform and then open it again for the changes to take effect... Is there a way around this...To count them as a Type them? This is probably so simple.. My inexperience with this (still learning) is effecting my results..

I would even use a Label instead of a Textbox...

Behind the userform I have been using is this.

TextBox3.Value = Len(Textbox2.Value)

It doesnt update as I type the info. I have to close it and then reopen it for it to take effect.. Is there a way around this..

Thanks

Use the Change event procedure of Textbox2

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

I would even use a Label instead of a Textbox..."

For your count, I would.

Sub TextBox1_Change()
Label1.Caption = Len(TextBox1.Text)
End Sub

[/code]

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Thank you so much both of you. Got it working. Beautiful.. Very simple when you know what to look for...

Thank You! Appreciate both your guidance and experience.

I still thank you, You helped me in another way that you are not aware of it...
Thank you

NYFashionToGo,

I notice that over the past year and a half, you have posted 28 threads and have received many good tips related to your stated needs. Yet, you have responded NOT ONCE, to
[blue]
Thank Tek-Tip Contributor
for this valuable post!
[/blue].

The Stars accomplish several important things.

First, it gives positive feedback to contributors, that their posts have been helpful.

Second, it identifies threads as containing helpful posts, so that other members can benefit.

And third, it identifies the original poster (that's YOU, BTW), as a grateful member, that not only receives, but is willing to give tokens of thanks.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I notice that over the past year and a half, you have posted 28 threads and have received many good tips related to your stated needs. Yet, you have responded NOT ONCE, to ????

Skip I really do appreciate the help I have received.. I am not certain what your referring to... I see your link in last message...

I will have to see where your link leads..

I do say thank you when I am finished.... Please read my posts...

Suddenly I feel I am missing something.... I will look at your link now..

Skip your think is not a link...

I am missing something..

Skip You lost me. I do not see anything on my screen that looks like what you had said. I am very grateful for all the help I have received. Extrememly grateful...

You lost me on last post... I cant see what your referring to????

Nevermind. I think I see it now...

Its during the thread itself..

OKAY got it!!

I am sorry I never realized this before. I have noticed the stars on onther posters. But never understood why...

I have searched this board extensively over last year and half and I can assure you that many (far many) than 28 deserve a star. I have learned alot just by reading and searching.

Somehow this feedback situation eluded me. I sincerely applogize for thoose who have not received it. I was not aware of the system.

skip I know for a fact you helped me in past as well. I am really sorry I did not leave the star. I was not aware of it until you said something... I didnt mean to step on any toes... I have many pages of interest bookmarked.. I will try to go back and give the rating and helpfulness deserved...
Thank you for pointing this out..

Not a problem.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back