Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COUNTIF but exclude..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweek312

Technical User
Dec 18, 2004
US
I need to find a function to count times within a column. The times range from 8:00 or 800 hrs to 0:00 or 000 hrs. Currently I am using COUNTIF(RR:RR,TT:TT) TT being a cell containing the time which to count for. Problem: I only need be accurate to the minute not to the second therefore if the NOW() returns 13:56:15 which of course is 1:56:15 COUNTIF will not count it because it is looking for 13:56:00.

I either need a tip as to what other excel function to use or how to get COUNTIF to exclude :SS when the NOW() function returns a time.

I understand that I could simply have it look for seconds as well but I presume that there is a better way and want to keep that as a last resort. I also considered rounding the time but this is really no better than counting the seconds as well. (tell me if im wrong)

Any Sugguestions are helpful!

Thanks
Mike
aka tweek

You're in the VBA forum.
Please post in the office forum for formulas issues.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

PHV - where is the formulas forum? I would like to see if there is an answer to this question and cannot find said forum in the list of forums. Any ideas?

Forum68

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Sorry for the misthread, I didnt realize that there was a specific fourum for formula issues.

Thanks!
Mike
aka tweek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back