Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Counterpoint POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
Anybody using Counterpoint POS?

YES! We have been using CounterPoint Since 1998. I just recently installed the CPWireless module. It is fantastic. I push several of their modules to the max with what we do. Would love to chat with you about all that is good and bad with this program.

I have looked all over for a good user forum on CounterPoint, but couldn't find one (until now; Tek-Tips is Awesome!!!).

[morning]

sacsadmin@sacsdistributors.com

Unfortunately, we have been finding more wrong with it than right. We use the touchscreen ticket entry and they never seem to keep it up-to-date with the regular ticket mode.

Are you going to the users conference in Memphis this weekend?

I am leaving today so I can be at the Crystal Reports seminar tomorrow.

Have you ever come across Pervasive errors?

Touchscreen is the one feature we do not use. We don't really do any "true" retail registers. We do use POS though. What problems are you having with ticket mode?

I am not attending the users conference this year. Timing was bad. I went last year and picked up quite a bit of good information.

As far as pervasive errors. We have had problems when using CounterPoints SIQ report writer. With the new versions moving to Crystal, we have also had "anomolies" in consistent data reports. But nothing really bad. What problems are you having?

How was the user conference?

feel free to contact me about CounterPoint if you want.

sacsadmin@sacsdistributors.com

The user conference was great. I also went to the Crystal and Advanced trainings. Very informative.
I use Crystal and have few problems with "anomolies"

Our problems stem from the use of Citrix I think and the way our dealer set us up.

We use modem server and have the server receive and send the auth. to the remote site(Citrix) and the remote site never receives it. The remote is locked-up at this point and the modem server thinks it is done.

We have CPGUI(touchscreen) and system logs that are almost 1M each. Lots of lock-ups.

Does your parvasive have a listen IP set on the Counterpoint server? Re-connect?

Would you rather use email?

PS. one feature on counterpoints upcoming website is a user forum!

If we are talking about issues with counterpoint that provide good information to the forum I would stick to the forum. If we just want to general chat about CP I would rather do that thru email direct.

Are you using dial-up (phone) or going over the internet for your remote sites?

sorry this post is so late...I have been supporting Counterpoint for almost 2 years now...and I love it. We have a few clients that use Windows, but most of our installs are Unix/Linux...and i must say the Unix/Linux solution is MUCH BETTER than Windows. Unfortunatley touchscreen is not available in Unix/Linux. If you decide you want Windows, try the new version of Counterpoint...In Touch.

Can't use In Touch because it lacks the features we use and does not have a migration tool. We use touchscreen and have had nothing but problems. I am currently trying to track down what seems to be a memory leak on our Citrix server/clients.
We use a frame relay for our remote locations.
Fathead-
Do you use Citrix in any sites?
Are there any standard pervasive configurations?

dont suppose you guys have ever queryed the database have you? I have an access database and I am query the PS_HDR table and I am trying filter out orders that have been deleted. But can not figure out what field is used to flag that the order has been deleted....

thanks in advance

Mswilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back