Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Countdown - Bad Java - Looking for more

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbad1986

Technical User
Apr 1, 2002
US
I've been having trouble getting Java and CGI to intertwine as one and let the Java do the countdown. It would keep messing up, so I decided to take a different route.

I'm looking for a script that can countdown to a date (I use the CGI to get the date, then use $date to switch it over automatically)

I'm not sure how I would to this in CGI or any other language, so please help if you know how.

CGI is not a language. It is a set of rules which, if followed, will enable you to ask a web server to run a program (as opposed to just handing back a static text file).

CGI applications are frequently written in perl. Perl can do nearly anything you might want any language to do, including playing with dates.

Past that, I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want a web page that contains a statement about "how many days left until...."?
Something like,
Only SOME_NUMBER of days left until blast off.

where SOME_NUMBER changes to reflect the number of days left.

'hope this helps

If you are new to Tek-Tips, please use descriptive titles, check the FAQs, and beware the evil typo.

That's exactly what I need, but I need it to countdown to the date. My scripts are Perl, sorry for saying CGI.

I'm not sure how I would implement it to countdown though. I know how to do it manually and keep updating the number, but I want it so the script will determine how long it is until Some_Month, Some_Day Some_Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back