Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count records

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniggih

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
I have a question on how you would create a column in your Access query that will add a count by claim_number from highest billed charges to lowest. I need to be able to determine how many outpatient surgeries were paid the rate1, rate2, rate3 based on billed charges. In other words the surgery with the highest billed is paid at rate1 next highest rate2, etc. So I will need to count the number of surgeries from highest billed to lowest where the CPT is equal to the grouper_cpt (another table).

Instead of putting a count in the query, do it in the report. Your report should sort by rate, thus you can make an unbound text box in the footer of each rate to count. In the footer of the report you could put another unbound text box to count all of the rates that are listed in the report.

HTH

An investment in knowledge always pays the best dividends.
by Benjamin Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back