Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count of records by location monthly

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattyl

Technical User
May 1, 2002
GB
Hi Out there,
I have a problem in that I have a table with the following columns :
Location Client and then 9 columns which are combo boxes that input High,Medium or Low. I require to retrieve a monthly return by location of the Highs Mediums and Lows for those locations on a monthly basis, can I do this using a query and how.
all help greatly appreciated.

Use an aggregate query, I'm not sure exactly what information your looking for or if its in the same table or not but use a modification of
SELECT COUNT(NumberEntries) AS Total, Location, DATEPART(m, SQL_date) AS MONTH From Table1 GROUP BY Location, SQL_date.
Or the function MONTH(SQL_date) is an alternative way to extract the month out of a date - dont forget to GROUP BY SQL_date.
To You can either enter a subquery or If using a VB interface I think I'd be tempted to use separate queries initially and link via a common field (e.g.Client) to the Monthly query later
SELECT COUNT(Column1.Selected) AS 1, [or]
SUM(Column2,selected) AS 2........ect FROM Table1 WHERE selected = "Medium"
GROUP BY AnyOtherColumn
Not comprehensive but I hope you get the general Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back