Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Count checked and unchecked boxes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyOnly

Technical User
Oct 11, 2008
US
Hi All,

I am trying to summerize data in a table. I have two check boxes 1) Travel and the second Hotel and there is start date.

I want to be able to count how many checked box for travel and how many boxes are unchecked from the total. Same for the second box(hotel).

I will need to report result in percentage. example for the month of June, we had 95% travel and 87% Hotel.

I have no clue how I am going to do this. Any suggestions?

Assuming you have Yes/No fields for Travel and Hotel, you can aggreggate these in a totals query like
Code:
SELECT Sum(Abs([Hotel])) as NumHotel, 
  Sum(Abs([Hotel]))/Count(*) As PctHotel,
  Sum(Abs([Travel])) as NumTravel,
  Sum(Abs([Travel]))/Count(*) As PctTravel
FROM [ATable];
You haven't provided any table or other field names to help us understand your dates or filtering.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

The query will have the following fields: OrgName from Org_tbl, Description from Sub_tbl, the two fields travel and Hotel will come from Project_tbl then finally startdate.

Example, the trip on 07/08 have 40 traveler. we booked 99% for travel and 95% hotel and so on. For the month of July, we may have total 15 events.

OrgName Descript Startdate Hotel Travel Totalparticip
CVC Management 07/08/2009 95% 99% 40

This is the SQL statement:

SELECT Organization_tbl.OrganizationName, ProjectSub_tbl.Description, ProjectAct_tbl.StartDate, ProjectAct_tbl.Travel, ProjectAct_tbl.Hotel
FROM ((Organization_tbl INNER JOIN Projects_tbl ON Organization_tbl.OrganizationID = Projects_tbl.OrganizationID) INNER JOIN ProjectSub_tbl ON Projects_tbl.ProjectID = ProjectSub_tbl.ProjectID) INNER JOIN (Invoice_tbl INNER JOIN ProjectAct_tbl ON Invoice_tbl.InvoiceID = ProjectAct_tbl.InvoiceID) ON ProjectSub_tbl.ProjectSub = Invoice_tbl.ProjectSub;

I'm a bit confused since StartDate is in the same table as you Travel and Hotel so I don't know if this should be grouped by or min. Try something like:
Code:
SELECT Organization_tbl.OrganizationName, ProjectSub_tbl.Description, 
  ProjectAct_tbl.StartDate, Sum(Abs([Hotel])) as NumHotel, 
  Sum(Abs([Hotel]))/Count(*) As PctHotel, Sum(Abs([Travel])) as NumTravel,
  Sum(Abs([Travel]))/Count(*) As PctTravel, Count(*) As NumOf
FROM ((Organization_tbl
 INNER JOIN Projects_tbl ON Organization_tbl.OrganizationID = Projects_tbl.OrganizationID)
 INNER JOIN ProjectSub_tbl ON Projects_tbl.ProjectID = ProjectSub_tbl.ProjectID)
 INNER JOIN (Invoice_tbl
 INNER JOIN ProjectAct_tbl ON Invoice_tbl.InvoiceID = ProjectAct_tbl.InvoiceID)
 ON ProjectSub_tbl.ProjectSub = Invoice_tbl.ProjectSub
GROUP BY  Organization_tbl.OrganizationName, ProjectSub_tbl.Description, 
ProjectAct_tbl.StartDate;

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Thank you so much dhookom. you are the man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back