Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cound down from date

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalker81

Programmer
Feb 3, 2005
HU
Hi! My problem is: Im making a site, where I need to create an area, where there is a countdown from the date of the next event, the owners will be involved.
Any idea, how could this be done?

Thanks a lot!

Well in this case the future date is hardcoded, but if you meant by "owners will be envolved", that the owners of the site would need to uptade that future date themselves, then you need to have it read through a text file, which the owners can easily update themselves...

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

im trying to get this to work, but nothing shows up.

I copied and pasted the actions (theres only one action element, right?)

and copied and pasted the 'days left' field (var d) ... but nothing displays when I preview the flash file.

Im using Flash MX - is my version too old to support the actionscript?

Thanks!

it appears that since I have it inside a movie clip, it wont work... is there a way around this apparent limitation?

Ive got a working version, since i managed to solve this problem, i can only upload it later on, but i surely will! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back