Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could not save Realtime option settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyKeyers

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2002
NL
When I change the realtime options settings (logged in as Administrator), and try to save it, I get the message: "Could not save Realtime option settings".

What can I do about that?
(Except kicking Inoculate out, and get a real antivirus solution that CAN auto-update through a firewall)

I've just resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling Inoculan. I have install files on the network and it just takes a couple of minutes. I'm sure if you muck around with the Inoculan install you can figure it out and fix it without resorting to this.

Maybe someone out there has it figured out.

If there is a policy on the domain that prevents changes to realtime there is nothing you can do about it even if you are admin on the local machine. You will need to make the changes to the policy in which the pc resides. You will have to do this throught admin client.

Also I have had InoculateIT and Etrust both going through a Cisco Pix firewall. No problems here with the updating.

I would conact there Tech support if you have a maintenace agreement on it as well. If you do not have it i would not purchase it though. There support leaves a lot to be desired. Also i would upgrade to Etrust 6 if you have software assurance on the products. It is a lot more stable than 4.53.

This however is another problem if you have to pay for the upgrade. Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Thanx for your help guys!

I think I've got it working now...
Except for the auto-download that is....

'Till I get that figured out, i'll just update manually

RandyKeyers, what did you do to fix it?

I can autodownload through our Watchguard firewall, but I have heard stories about others having problems with autodownload.

I THOUGHT I figured it out...
Today I figured out that I didn't...

The #$&^@^ thing is still not working....

The Realtime monitor is disabled, and when I try to enable it permanently, it simply says: Could not save Realtime option settings

So... ANYBODY??

What version of Inoculan do you have?

What version of windows are you using?

What have you tried?

Have you installed all the latest Inoculan service packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back