Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could not login for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup. java.lang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2005
US
Exception reading printer control

Could not login for com.novell.service.ndps.eMFrameStartup. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/service/session/util/DefaultProperties

Is there something I need to do at the server to fix this? I'm not really up for removing and re-adding the print queues.

Is that an error you get in iManager when you're trying to access the printer manager?

What version of iManager are you running and what version of NetWare? I can't recall where I've seen that before, but if you can tell me that info, it might jog my memory.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Yes, the error is withing iManager.

The version is 2.0.2, on Netware 6.50.

Thanks
Chris

What I would do is install iManager 2.6, then install the latest iManager snapin for iPrint (Download this from download.novell.com - just do a imanager search).

The reason I would update, at least before troubleshooting further, is that iManager 2.5/2.6 include many new features for your iPrint control that you won't be able to use or access with iManager 2.0.2. Once you see the printer controls in iManager 2.5, you'll realize how retarded version 2.0.2 was.

Is your server also patched to service pack 5? One thing that could cause that error is having newer iprint NLMs that what iManager 2.0.2 knows how to handle.

Marvin

Well we have a consultant that is contracted to maintain all the server hardware and OS's (no offense, but I don't agree with that solution, it was implemented before I started though).

Anyway, he's going to be doing updates to the servers this week. I'll get an exact list of what and compare it to your suggestion. I'll try to get your updates included.

Thanks!!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back