Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could Not Load Type Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyhawk

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
AU
Hi,

I have built and compiled a web project in VB.NET. I then used the copy project to get the required files for the web project - I put them on the localhost. Everything works fine from the localhost but when I copy those files to the production web server, I get a Parser Error...

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'MyWebProject.WebForm1'.

Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Page Language=&quot;vb&quot; AutoEventWireup=&quot;false&quot; Codebehind=WebProj.aspx.vb&quot; Inherits=&quot;MyWebProject.WebForm1&quot;%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&quot;>
Line 3: <HTML>

Do I need to register the dll with .NET or something?

Cheers,

Ladyhawk. [idea]
** ASP/VB/Java Programmer **

Never mind.. no application setup.

Ladyhawk. [idea]
** ASP/VB/Java Programmer **

Ladyhawk -
How did you solve this problem - I have a very similar one:
I currently have a version of my programs running on a staging server fine. When I compile a new version on my development machine - I can run it there fine, but when I copy to the staging server - I ge the &quot;Parser Error Message: Could not load type&quot; error.

Any ideas????
Thanks,
Steve

The compiled dll needs to go in the bin directory when must be directly under the application directory. The application directory is the root directory not necessarily where the aspx page is.

Hope that helps you guys.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back