Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could not find backup sets to restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinoteo

Technical User
Oct 2, 2003
SG
Hi guys,

We have a new media server connecting to a master server running Netbackup 5.1 MP3.
I have tested the backup ( standard backup) and files were backup ie.check activity log, files were wriiten to tape, and each subsequent backup, the tape file positions to the next file and they can be view from the Master catalog ( backup on 20 April ).

However, on the media server restore client , when I
try to restore file and select the date range 19 - 21 April , no files appear in the window for restore. When I try to select all backup available, same message appear that no backup sets available.

When I check the info under the restore client it shows as 5.1 MP 2.

Any advise on how should I go about troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks for any advise given in advance,
PS

Make sure the backup type is set to the proper one. Also make sure the Master server is listed and spelled right. The source client name should also be spelled properly.

Have you tried doing the restore operation from the Master Server? The master will direct the media server at that point.

thanks for the replies.

I have tried restoring from the media server using the command line and it works. Have checked the name of the master server and it is correct. Both are running 5.1 mp3. Master server is only used for backups while the restoration is performed on the media server itself.

Cheers,
PS

make sure the date of MasterServer and MediaServer is correct!

check the "type" on the policy and use the same "type" for the restore. I have had a problem were the type was set to standard in the policy and I was expecting the type to have been MS-Windows-NT. Or was it vice-versa :)

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back