Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could not be NEWed after 2 tries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2009
US
Let me start by i do not know much about Nortel CS1K just what i have picked up in the past few weeks.

I am using CS 1000 Telephony manager to add a phone. i check the Transmit sync log and this is the error,

Starting Station Transmit on 2/20/2009 at 07:32:10
Login Name: User Task : beth ring 2415

Could not be NEWed after 2 tries.
Prompt: CLS Response: ** Error Code:
(CLS)

*************************** Summary ****************************
NEW 0
CHG 0
RPL 0
OUT 0
Failed 1
Skipped 0
______
Total 1

Finished Station Transmit on 2/20/2009 at 07:32:52
Login Name: User Task : beth ring 2415

i have tried to add several phones and this is the same error for all of them...

Any help would be great.

Thanking you in advance.

You may want to start by doing a fresh retrieval of all on the PBX. There may be a mismatch on whats on the PBX and whats in TM, my thought being that you may be trying to build a new phone on a TN that is already in use.

Thanks for the quick reply...

excuse my ignorance...

where do I go to accomplish this and if I do this will this cause any problems with the system during the day?

Sorry I have never used telephony manager, only a really old version of MAT, which was basically the same thing, but different enough that I would not want to confuse you any more!

LOL... Thanks

ok so I was poking around and I think I found it under Telephones > Sync Tasks

what is listed is Retrieve TNs , Reconcile TNs and Reconcile CPND

can I run this during the day and it not mess up the system for my users?

any help would be great.

thanks

On the old system we had we would rename the file that contained the phone info, then retrieve all to make sure we had everything. This is basically a print from the PBX and will not interfere with anything.

You need to do a Retrieve TNs, and select ALL, 9 times out of 10 this resolves the Telephony Manager problems your describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back