Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cost effective way to link via QSIG over 300m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moslin

Technical User
Jan 4, 2005
GB
My head is swimming on this one with conflicting advice and information so any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

I have a Siemens iSDX that I have had installed a PRI (for QSIG) card to help in migrating to IPO's over the next year, the problem is that the iSDX is about 300 metres away from where the IPO has to be. I've tried to find out how far the S-Interface from the PRI will go with no definitive agrement.

I've also looked to see if I could use two IPO's and creating a LAN link between them but that seems to need two VCM's that I just do not have the budget for yet.

The requirement at this stage is for just 20 extensions so nothing too major.

What would you all suggest? (And save my sanity!)

300m sounds a little bit long for a Qsig link. You could use for example fiber modems to extend the G.703 link.

Both side you use HDSL modems to enable the 2MB link then creat a Q-SIG between the two PABX systems,

Thank you for two very good suggestions! I've got lots of IP connectivity between both locations just no copper or direct fibre, is there any device to convert PRI into IP and back again? Found some stuff with a Google search but I must admit to not knowing if it would work as they are T1 "extenders", not something I'm familiar with in the UK...

Thank you all for your suggestions, as they say at the Funfair everyones a winner!

I've ended up with a IPJet box from CXR ( that will convert an ISDN Pri/E1 connection to IP, nice and simple with PRI in one end and an RJ45 on the other, cost was 1500GBP for the two units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back