Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corupts hal.dll file

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetam

Technical User
Sep 28, 2007
US
i try to upgrade xp media to xp pro.
after the initial installations just after it first reboot, Windows tell me the hal.dll file is corupted.

i tried a clean install using the xp pro disc, and it's error out saying contact sys admin with just a quit option (f3)

i got the missing hal.dll error when try to upgrade from xp media.

any ideas? thanks.

didn't know you could 'upgrade' from media to pro.

were you doing this because of problems with media installation? If so, what were they?

Pro clean install you tried - you did boot from the pro Cd? At what point did you get the problem?

when try boot from pro cd. it doesn't give me same error message but rather saying something contact sys admin and give me one option..that is quit (f3). the error comes one after the 1st reboot. furthermore, i was able to boot from the pro cd, it proceed to installs some file then roboot, that's when it fail.

this is a emachine T5212 desktop

well, it seems like the recovery image from the machine prevents me from doing the upgrades. i switched out the harddrive and it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back