Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corruput Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorecca

MIS
May 15, 2002
US

Every other night for the last 3 days, My backup job becomes corrupt. On tuesday night is was corrupt so I submitted a new job. On Wednesday night the backup worked fine. But, on Thursday night the job was corrupt again. Anybody have any ideas why this is happening.

I am running ARCserver version 6.61 on Windows NT 4. HELP!!! HELP!!! Gru are you out there? Anyone!!!

Hi jorecca.

How do you know the job is corrupt? Are you getting a message or is the job aborting?

LolaRed.

I know the job is corrput because the status tells me so. The jobs stops as 42 or 35 percent complete and just hangs there.

Bad Tapes?

Does it stop at the same point each time?

Try deleting the entire job queue and resetting your job up. Make sure you turn on full logging for troubleshooting before running the job?

No Pain No Gain

Varuna,

The backup would stop everytime it came to dbaxchg2. This is message that the log gave me

"E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=\Individual Mailboxes\", ", EC=Backup Agent Error-(366) "Failed to open a folder'etc.,,

So, I chose not to back-up Mailboxes and my backup worked just fine on Friday. Do you still think it could be bad tapes or something else.

Is the mail system running with files open during the backup job? Perhaps you need to either shut down the mail system (closing files) or use an open files agent.....

not bad tapes!
It's an exchange agent error.

Do you have multiple exchange servers & sites?

This is failing to open the private store! try resetting your config for the exchange agent. Also, check in the services for the exchange agent that the user account used to logon is right and ok. Re-type the password for the acc.

If you wanna more detailed desc. on how to do this let me know.

It's def not bad tapes though. It's a config error. Have you had this backup working before? and backud up both private and public store
No Pain No Gain

Varuna,

Do you go the exchange folder in the backup job and then right click on security to set the password?

you need to set that password yes but you can change the properties on the agent in the services section in control panel. set it to logon as a user then select your account and re-type the password.

Have you ever had this working? it would help if i knew.

Have you setup the MAPI client on the server with a profile etc? Also, did you open the mail client and send an email before you initialised the agent?

The problem is related to brick level backups only, you directory should backup fine.

do you run more than one exchange server? if so it could be replication causing orphaned objects in your exchange directory. You need to run the knowledge/consistency check in exchange.

No Pain No Gain

Follow the path that Guru lays before you my child and you shall be saved

:)

I think I need a copy too!

No Pain No Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back