Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corruption of VBA code in MDB (2002).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraeg

Programmer
Jun 27, 2002
AU
I've tried Compact/Repair, JetComp, and several other methods, but this MDB just won't repair.
I can get to Forms, reports, Queries, Macros... but not to Modules (including those behind Forms and Reports).
Are there any ways to repair VBA code? Or perhaps extract it?

I have an MDE of this MDB, so there's been no down time..... but if I have to rebuild the MDE, I need to get it repaired (all I did was change one line of code and it went corrupt.... I should have backed it up before changing anything).

you might try to downgrade the mdb into a prior version (save a 2000 version as 97). You might also try to use Visual Basic (or even another access db) to import the modules that were corrupted.

Can you keep me posted on the result ?
Good luck!

I had tried importing/exporting, converting to previous versions.... nothing worked. It's really corrupt (and all I did was add a line of code and save).

What I ended up doing was using an older version from home.... it was basically the same (just had to add a function to the "Default" properties of some text boxes in some Forms).

What a nightmare. But I have learnt; before doing ANY changes, I'll backup the source file I am about to work on.

I had tried /decompile too.

But thanks (that link has some interesting info, and I may have not used /decompile correctly..... in fact, I believe I used /decomiple, added a line of code, saved, and then got the corruption (Access froze during the save)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back