Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupted universe causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleskie

Programmer
Jun 7, 2001
CA
Hi folks,
I recently had to restore our business objects instance and am now having difficulty restoring a good version of one of the universes. I can export the universe, if I change the name of it from the original to something new. But if I use the original name the export will not complete. Is there a method for purging a universe completely from the BO server so that it will not recognize or contain the corrupted information and will accept the new clean version?
It is causing alot of difficulty as we are using webi for reports and alot of the reports are relying specifically on this corrupted universe. There's probably about 70 of them that are pointing to this universe specifically.
I don't have much of a formal background in BO. I inherited the setup from a previous person and learned from doing so I may not be familiar with some terms. Please forgive me if the solution to this is very obvious.
Thank you,

Aaron.

Hi Deleskie,

I've never used Webi, but we had a similar problem using the stand-alone version of BO. The Repository database holds an internal version number for every Universe held within each Universe Domain and doesn't allow you to export a Universe with a lower version number than the current Repository version number. It sounds to me like this is the problem - this happened to me when I was importing/exporting across multiple Universe Domains. The simplest way to get around this is to use the 'Tools/Delete Universe' menu option in Supervisor, which completely removes the Universe from the Repository. You should then be able to export the Universe in Designer and distribute it to users. However, take a back up of the repository database first if possible, as once you delete the Universe there is no rollback option. Hope this helps...

As suggested use the supervisor moduleto delete the universe from the repository and retry the export. As a short term solution you could take a working copy of the universe and place it in the correct universe directory on the webi server, you will need to replace the existing unv file.

Hope you get your problem sorted.

WEBI caches universes on the server, can't quite remember the directory, but seach for the universe name. Once found rename/delete it. Then re-export it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back