Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corrupted table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiminy

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
US
I have a pdox table of some 3000+ records. I was trying to change the driver language and wound up with a corrupted table. I ran the table repair and wound up with only 378 records. Did this a couple times. Each time the 'copy of' table shows the correct size, but is mostly unreadable. The readable portion seems to be the same as the smaller ones.
(What good is table repair when it doesn't bring back the corrupted area?)

ps. It is pdox ver 9.00.368

If you mung the data up so badly, I guess the value is in recovering those 378 records as well as the table structure.

You shouldn't be CHANGING the driver language on a table, anyway.

Make a new copy of the table structure, with the new driver language. Then ADD the records from the existing table to the new table.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

If you don't use Tony McGuire's method, back up your data religiously, especially before making a major change like changing the Driver Language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back