Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupted db

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryG

Programmer
Aug 15, 2000
US
I can't open my database....I keep getting the following message: The Microsoft Jet Engine couldn't find the 'MSysDb'....

Any ideas where I can find this or how to salvage my db?
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Check the Microsoft site for Jetcomp.exe

It compacts the target database externally and does allow you to get in again.

Tried it, but it couldn't get in. Any other ideas? Appreciate the input.

You could try decompiling the file:
C:\[path to access.exe] [path to db.mdb] /decompile

failing that you need to go to a back up (you did take backups didn't you) or if it's important data then have a look ag
Sorry can't be or more help.

Ben ----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara

"Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
NoFX-The Decline
----------------------------------------------

I do have a backup from about 3 days prior (on my hard drive). This db was on the network.....the IT dept. might be able to recover the file from network backups, but it requires manager approval and a fee is assesed to our department. There were only a few files lost and all the source data is still available, so it can be reconstructed if necessary; just trying to save myself some work. I appreciate everyone's input. I might give the decompile a try and see what happens.

Thanks.
Perry

Sorry JetComp didn't for you.

Have you tried the very simple? Create a blank database and import in what you can from the corrupted one. It sometimes works to varying degrees

Yup, I tried the blank db. I can't get in because the MSysDb object from the corrupted database has gone missing. I'm not real sure what that is, but it must be really important.

Anyway, thanks again for everyone's help.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back