Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt VMPro File?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopdog

MIS
Jan 9, 2007
US
I have a module in VM Pro (4.1) where if you just click on it, an error pops up saying

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

Choosing Continue allows me to continue working in the application. I also get warning pop up message when saving the file or save and make live which is as follows:

"There was an error saving the call flow to text file"

Whatever changes i make, seem to be sticking, so not sure what the text file error is resulting from.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you use remote desktop to do the changes ?

Doing that could corrupt the database
If you have a backup of that database then put that one back

The best way is using the client and log in with an account (set in vmpro)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I am using remote desktop, but have been for over two years and never had a problem before. Is this something new in this version??

I don't have a recent backup, i guess i would have to recreate the whole thing from scratch???? Please tell me there is another way :)

Not sure what you mean by "The best way is using the client and log in with an account (set in vmpro)"

If you do nto have a backup you have a problem !

Go to the server, open the client
Make a administrator and close the client

Then get your pc, install vmpro (client only)
Open the client with the username and password and the system name/ipadres

Then you do not need remote desktop anymore

Think i am going to start fresh. Where can i download vmpro application??? I can't find on avaya web site.

Here it is: ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/4_1GA_Builds/VMPRO/VMPRO4_1_42.exe

One more quick question. Is there a way i can have 2 instances of one configuration file open? I would like somehow to have the new and old file open side by side so i can try to recreate all of the flows.

No, not on one pc
You need to use two pc's for this

guess i will give that a try. is there any problem using VNC like there is with remote deskop?

I never use it but there are enough people who use without problems

But really try to make that user
It is far easier then using an extra program
Why use the client on the server when you can do that on your own pc ?

I am doing this outside of lan, would i just install locally and do a vpn?

VPN is alright, when you can ping it you can use the client
VNC needs that connection too

Would rather do it locally, ill give that a shot, now my question can i install the application on Vista?

Yes you can

Ok, now this is really my last question (for now). I installed the client locally, and decided to import my old call flow just for the hell of it to see if it would work on a new installation. Didn't work. How do i clear out that and start from a fresh database?

I am good to go, took a while but call flow is recreated and working properly, thanks again everyone :)

Great that is works :)

You can empty your database by importing a empty database (is is called emptyDB)

C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\DB Backup

Do not save and make live after that but close down the vmpro client :)

Everytime you open it and connect to the server it will ask to download the DB to you so it should not matter really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back