Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Virusscan v8

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen3rd

Technical User
Feb 2, 2003
GB
I have noticed some strange goings on with my Antivirus deployment recently.

I have ePO v3.5 Patch 3 which is rolling out Virusscan Enterprise v8 Patch 10.

The problems are on Windows XP SP1 machines.

I have 34 machines out of over 500 which are being reported as unprotected. They have Antivirus installed on the local machine but ePO doesnt report any protection.

On a visit to these machines the Help About windows doesnt have a DAT file, Engine or Patch version listed.

If i manually install Antivirus on the machine it seems to work fine. This wouldnt be a problem but the machines are spread around the UK.

Has anybody else seen a similar problem?

I have the same problem with only a few machines on a network with mroe than 2000 machines on it. It's so bloody annoying!
One thing I have noticed that works for some machines is to remove the machine from the directory, connect into the machine, force a Collect / Send Properties and leave it add itself back into the directory.
Failing that add it back in manually and do an agent wakeup call
See if that works.

Let me know how you get on.

I have created a new site called AV Problems and moved all affected michines into this container.

I have created a new deployment task against this container and it has fixed 3 of the problem machines.

I will give your suggestions a go.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back