Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corrupt TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
i just moved an M3904 to an unused TN and when I went to move it back to another TN the TN that I moved it to became corrupt. I punched the user down to another TN but now I can't get his name to come up. I just get XXXX in the display (his name never disappeared in the PBX since he was also on a secy phone). How can I uncorrupt this corrupt TN? Thanks in advance for your help.

sysload the switch

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

okay, thank you. I am assuming I should do this after hours?

yes...........

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Check that the M3904 set has not got the CLS NAMD set. I seem to recall that any other set with a display will get xxxx on it.

delete the name b4 you do a sysload

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I did not sysload the switch yesterday. firebirdscrambler, you were exactly right. I thought I wasn't getting the name because of the fact that his previous TN was corrupt but I neglected to program NAMA in the CLS on his new TN. Thank you!
In the meantime, his old TN is still hanging out in move status. I am not at that site anymore and don't plan to be, unless I do in fact have to sysload the switch to get that TN back. Is that my only option? thanks a bunch for your help everyone.

I'm glad to be of some help. With reference to the "corrupt" TN?. Do you or have you done a STAT on the TN's card?.
What is the status of that port?. Does it say something like "2317"?
This can happen on a Option 11 when using the "MOV" command & a user picks up the phone of the "UNEQUIP" set that's still plugged in. It causes set relocation & you won't be able to "CHG", "OUT" the TN.
One answer is to attempt to activate a model set "Aries", If you have a spare M2616, M2008 etc & also have a "2616 M" / "2008 M" programmed on the Meridian OPT 11.
Usually you can key in ## & a default DN / TN is created. This will depend on how the model set has been configured in LD 11 & that model set "20" should have only one SCR key configured.
With a bit of luck, you will either be given a default DN / TN, Or the corrupted TN will be erased & left unequiped for you. It's just a case of doing "OUT" or "NEW" etc to rebuild the original TN.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

it's TN 11-4. when I stat 11, TN 11-4 shows DSBL. When I print TN 11-4 it says NO DES, there's nothing on any of the keys, no date on the bottom. When I try to out it it says "set is in the process of relocating". I think you lost me with the ##. What do you recommend I do? it's not the end of the world as I punched the guy down to another TN, but I would like to get this TN back. It's an M3904 set. thanks FBS.

Your Description fits actually that of a set thats in the middle of relocating. In LD 20 Do PRT "2616 M" or "2008 M" to see if you have any model sets programmed in the OPT 11.
It's still possible to clear the corruption.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Don't know if it matters, but we only have M3904 sets in this site. We do have eight M2616 ports programmed for our Octel.

yes, the TN is in the process of relocating. After two days you think it would get tired and just go back to where it was! :)

PDT stands for Problem Dermination Tool. It's only for use by Installers / Maintainers. If you play with it & enter the wrong value, You could lose your database.

Hi firebirdscrambler

is there any guide that shows how to clean this corruptions. I've been loking for one but no exit up to now.

Regards

Hello ahartoch.
You should know my contact details as you have been in contact with before. I cannot give out any more help in this forum on this topic.

To parrell reload an opt 11. You have to lower the switch to table height. Then lay down on the table so you are parrell. Then reach out and hit the ini button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back