Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt mdw file

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileen1309

Programmer
Dec 6, 2004
US
Had a problem with corrupt mdw file. This apparently happened after Norton Anti-Virus was installed at server level. Un beknowns to anyone....

I do remember reading a q article about this issue has anyone else and if so do you remember the q#

Thanks

Eileen

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I should add that perhaps an easier option would be to restore the file from the latest server backup which it was known to work properly.

John

I did restore the last know working file and as soon as we did Norton Scanned the file and it corrupted again. Since I am not part of there Server Management team I can only point them in a suggested direction. I have asked them to remove *.mdb and *.mdw from their Norton Scanning schema. So far so good.

I just thought i would provide them with the Q article but I can't remember which one.

Eileen

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back