Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Mailbox reported, not associated with user

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2004
Running Veritas 10.0 on a windows Server 2003 box to backup Exchange 2003 mailboxes.

Occasionally, I will get an error like:

WARNING: "\\SERVER04\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Lastname, Firstname [lastnamef]?Top of Information Store?Inbox????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Forwarded message; Thursday meeting at 7:30 Agenda" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

When I see this, I drill down on the selections list and exclude the message in question, and the problem goes away.

Lately I have been getting two errors like:

WARNING: "\\SERVER04\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\ ?E401A966EB167C10737215A986C057943874EEFA65EAE199" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Since this message does not include a user name, or a message subject, I have no idea how to exclude it.

I have tried using eseutil to run an off-line defrag of the exchange database, but still the problem persists.

Has any one seen this before? Any suggestions on how to fix it would be welcome.

Yes, this happens with messages too. I usually have the user delete or archive it, recreate if necessary. Sometimes it has characters that bEWS can't...

Why not just uncheck that email from the selections. Problem solved.

I would love to uncheck the email, but how do I find it?

It is not in a user's mail box. So I don't know where to start looking.

I hav reied excuding wild cards like *C057943874EEFA65EAE19* to no avail.

So I continue to ge this message every day.

I would debug the backup exec remote agent on the exchange server and it may point you to what mailbox or system folder its in

Debug the backup exec remote agent" sounds interesting.

I didn't know you could do that.

Where do I begin?

Thanks.

If you turn off the option for using Single Instance Storage for attachments, you should be able to see the mailbox where the corrupt item is located.
Because the backup job is looking at a single attachment that may be referenced in multiple user's mailboxes, it cannot represent where the corrupt message is located.
Unchecking the Single Instance option for attachments usually works, and the backup report for the next job should show the offending item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back