Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt, exploding database

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterglick

Programmer
Oct 18, 2000
GB
I am getting a problem where my networked Access 2.0 databases are becoming corrupt and unrecoverable. The strange thing is that their file size grows from 10 megabytes to 1 gigabyte plus!

This occurs with the server database which holds the data. Client side databases with the code are also becoming corrupt and unrecoverable but do not increase their file size.

This is happening about once or twice a week.

Any clues? [sig][/sig]

Don't know anything about Access 2.0, but 97 has a limit of 1 gigabyte. How often is the database compacted ???? Perhaps you need to compact it more frequently.

PaulF
[sig][/sig]

It's not that - we compact frequently and the database is never more than 12 Mb or so when working properly. The cause of the corruption is also causing the file size to grow/be corrupted. [sig][/sig]

Hi

have you upgraded your JetDatabase engine? or running a mix of access 97/2000, there are some issues on the various versions?? check the msdn site [sig]<p>Robert Dwyer<br><a href=mailto:rdwyer@orion-online.com.au>rdwyer@orion-online.com.au</a><br>[/sig]

Are you aware that the upgrade to deal with access 2 and the year two thousand had a bug in the early upgrade, See the Microsoft site for the later patch.

I have experience exactly this problem. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back