Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Database 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
Recently, our dtatbase has been acting very strangely. I copied a form into the database and started recieving the network connection lost message. I copied all the recods into a new database and it was working for a while but now new problems are arising. I tried a compact and repair and was messaged that database may be corrupt. When I open certain forms, I cannot get out without Control alt delete function.

I am desparate to repair and salvage this database. Can anyone suggest a simple solution that I can attempt or a company that could help me keep this database together?

Thanks,

Greg

Create a new, empty mdb with Name AutoCorrect turned off and Compact on Close turned on. Tools>Options...>Geberal Tab. Now import everything into the new db from the old db and close the new db. Now open again and give it a try. There is also /decompile but give this a try and let us know how you make out. It only takes about a minute to do all of the things I suggested.

HTH RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP winXP Pro
Please respond to this forum so all may benefit

Also, you could try searching Microsoft.com for a free utility called JetComp which is sometimes able to repair corruptions the conventional repair function isn't. Might save a lot of work as, depending on the level of corruption, it's not always possible to import everything from a corrupted db.

I tried importing as you suggested. Tables and queries went well. When I tried to import forms, I received a name conflicts message and then could not start, too many transactions already nested. I got similar messages when I imported reports. However, it appeared that a couple forms and reports were imported. I closed and then reopened. No forms or reports were there.

How do I compile like you said?

Thanks, I am a desparate guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back