Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corrupt Access 97 mdb... "Record Deleted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMillman

Programmer
Jun 3, 2001
US
We have an odd problem that started when a repairman shut down power to the Server weeks ago and the UPS did not do its job. Since that time one particular screen (which ties into a handful of tables) shows a "Record is deleted"
message when we try doing "finds (binoculars lookups)" on
records in our main database (table). The records are always there; but we get these random prompts (saying its deleted) throughout the day.

This does not always happen on the same records, nor always on lookup (it happens when we "leave" the form, too. But it is never consistent.

We tried rebuilding the main table and its relationships,
running repair and compact.. to no avail.

We can't lose the error and its driving us bonkers. It forces people to have to hit enter many more times than necessary, and to wonder if the data is corrupt or not.

Any thoughts? Anyone encountered such a problem? I looked at the Microsoft Knowledgebase and could not find
an answer. I am hoping one of you guys has seen and overcome this problem before, though.

Thank you for your help,

Steve Millman

It sounds like the database has some screwed up object references in the System tables. My recommendation would be to create a new database with a different name and import the table,queries, forms, macros and module objects. This will force Access to re-evaluate the structures when they are rebuilt in the new database. petersdaniel@hotmail.com
"If A equals success, then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." --Albert Einstein

I noticed one (maybe two) odd thing(s) in the Relationship reports. In older printouts the "names" beneath "Relationships" on the Relationship Reports (from Analyze, Document)... were a series of numbers (like a registry key). Lately they are in English.

Secondly, I noticed that while all of the tables matching off the Main Membership key
show the name of the Relationship as Members (main table with Member number)
and then the Related Table name, the one entry (which uses another field to relate to ((which is ITS main key)) is not only listed first (before MEMBERs); but does not have the name MEMBERS (like all of the other entries).. but instead shows MEMBERnew.

In other words.. other examples of Relationship names are:
MEMBERSAccounting
MEMBERSNotes
but the "odd" one says Business TypesMEMBERnew (which is supposed to be Business types relating to Members).

Could I have a hosed relationship?? And if so, would deleting the relationship and rebuilding it correct the problem, possibly?

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back