Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate Spyware Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golflover

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2003
US
Does anyone have any experience/advice on a product for a Corporate solution for spyware. I would like something with a network management tool - I have been looking into Pest Patrol, and have used Ad-Aware 6 pro for local machines... But I am looking for some input from someone with experience with something on a more global scale.

Thanks.

I use the stand-alone version of Spy Sweeper, and the product has garnered a lot of reviews lately.

Webroot publishes an enterprise version of Spy Sweeper. Although I can't recommend it personally, it might be worth a look.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

We're looking into Symantec's client security, but haven't gotten our hands on it yet.

Hi Golflover,

It appears that you're trying to protect more desktops than in typical workgroup environment. This is really multistep approach but you will get more results for spyware/adware control with Etrust PestPatrol v.5.02 Corporate edition than with Symantec's Client Security v.2.0 We have used both in several deployments and it appears to do its job well. You may try it for zero cost for 30 days. Simple install methods, robust and stable. Works well.
You can call CA and ask for trial version of this version. It is different than home user edition so make your call, it's worth the time.

Good luck

Thanks for the input everyone... Netgun, that's what I was looking to hear.

If you're willing to wait, McAfee is releasing an Anti-Spyware add-on module to VirusScan 8.0i. Should come out Q1 2005. I'm waiting for the beta period to start to test this out.

AVChap

“I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once.
I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work,
I will find the way that will work.”
--Thomas Edison

Here is a script which scans all computers in a NT/AD domain for Browser Helper Objects. It doesn't remove anything, but at least lets you know how big a problem you may have....

Remember, it is currently in late alpha to early beta release.
Please let us know if you find it useful. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back