Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corporate edition better than professional? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

armatek

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
AU
hi everybody...
I need help to find out which better symantec antivirus corporate edition with norton antivirus professional in use stand alone mode?
thanx!

These two programs don't "compare". One is for an enterprise environment where you want to control systems from a central location, and the other is used in a stand alone environment.

Since they'll both use the same virus definitions and engines, they'll do the same job in the end.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

thanx!
I'll use norton antivirus professional for stand alone pc.
Is corporate edition work in LAN without server (workgroup only) or not?
Thanx again.

You dont need to be in a domain enviroment to run SAV Corp but if you want to use it properly you will have to run a SAV Server, which can be ran from a non server O/S. You can also run the clients unmanaged but if you are going to be doing this you may as well stick with the Pro. Also how many computers are we talking about, the cost will be your main factor. With SAV Corp you only have to download the Def files once and the SAV server give all managed clients the updated def files.

You'd be much better off with the corporate software. There are far less problems with the corp vs retail.

I've had to remove/reinstall the retail version so many times over the last couple of years because of software conflicts. and besides, the corporate is a much smaller install and runs cleaner.

~ K.I.S.S - Don't make it any more complex than it has to be ~

ok guys, thanx alot your attention and sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back