Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate Edition 8.0 on Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
CA
Hello

Has anyone used Symantec AntiVirus 8.0 on Windows 2003 or Windows Small Business Server 2003? I can't seem to find any information on if it is supported or not.

Terry

It supports it, However keep in mind that trying to backup exchange with BE will not be possible.

Terry, I manage two separate SAV systems, one runs on an NT4.1 box and the other is a Windows 2003 Server Small Business edition.

I have no real problems with either, the clients on both SAV systems are 7.61, which will be updated to 8.1 when I get the time.

Thanks all

I did find one odd installation glitch. When trying to run the installation from a SBS2003 the "Deploy AntiVirus Server" option is disabled. This is docoumented for 95,98 & Me but for whatever reason the option did not work on SBS 2003

I needed to launch the installation manually from CD 1 ROLLOUT\AVSERVER folder.

Hi, what dows A15 mean by "BE" will not be possible? BackupExec? If so, why won't it be.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back