Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadflies

MIS
Jan 25, 2005
US
We have recently added some IP phones and some 3903's to our system and there is an application called "Corporate Directory". I have read some about it and am curious if anyone has it running on their system and what they think of it?

works ok, you have to push it to the sets.. bad thing is the few times i've built one.. users tend to use it for a week or two.. a smaller business might use it IF they have numbers they call everday... we have 300 or so scl's here.. some with 30 users or more and only a few have entries in them... dept manager had to have one built, but users didn't learn the shortcuts to make the calls... i use mine, speedcall 01 calls my wife, 10 calls my boss.. other then that i usually have to print it..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When you push it to sets, does it go to all sets or can you send it to a few to play with? I was just thinking it might be interesting to learn, but if it is a maint. nightmare it may not be something I would want to create for myself.

the maint side depends on the customer.. you push it out per phone if i remember right.. unlike the old system speed call..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It took a long time for me to get mine working properly through OTM and it was a nightmare because I didn't have the manpower to maintain the name database within OTM.

It is enabled on a per set bases via class of service CRPA to allow access to it or CRPD (the default) to deny access.

I've just updated my FAQ on how to provide the corporate directory (without the use of OTM). My method allows you to to add in extn names onto the same DN & also combine other sites if link numbering is used.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Some good news for those of you who would like to have an ACCURATE Corporate Dirctory on your phones. There will soon be an option to have the Corporate Dirctory pulled from your Active Directory database and placed directly onto the phones. Nortel and Microsoft are working together within LCS to provide this meshing of tools. Looks good from a testing perspective thus far.

One trick that I have used with the current CRP Dir using OTM is when the program creates the Excel spreadsheet, quickly disable the push to the phones in Scheduler and then edit the sheet to your requirements. Then re-enable the push. It actually works very well and you don't have to build an "Exclusions" sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back