Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corporate Directory problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
We are on version 7.0 and I have read the "THREAD 798-1653282" which explains a manual method of updating the directory. This is what I have been doing and it works - sort of. I am avoiding Subscriber Manager as our Provider says it does not work that way anyway. However, my problem is - I cannot do a search on a name starting with K. I can search on the letter K and all the names show up. I search on KE and I get "nothing to display". I thought it was just the K's but I have now found that I can search on RA and get Ramsey, but if I search on RAM I get again nothing to display. I have just this morning gone in with notepad and cleaned up all spacing as per the above thread and it made no improvement.
If anyone has any similar experiences I would like to hear how you solved this problem.

Thanks in Advance

I assume you have confirmed the file is in alphabetical order, correct? I would check the areas where you are having strange search results in your spdir0.csv file.

The file is actually cpdir0.csv I'm assuming you are doing this through PDT. Definitely make sure the names are in alphabetical order and it should work. I'm doing mine through PDT and the search works fine. For example I can search on J for Johnson or I can also search on Joh and it still works.

Yes my file is in alphabetical order and I have manually gone over each entry and I see nothing wrong.

Are you doing INIT_CORP_DIR after putting in the new file in PDT

Sorry to get back so late folks. I had a couple of Avaya people look at it and what they did was to have all patches put in and then took my file and did some work on it. They also asked for some info from suscriber manager and said it was all messded up which leads me to think that maybe UCM affects the CSV file but I can't figure out how. Anyway it worked for a week or so until I added some new employees and now I cannot do a search on the letter L.

What I do is to put a name on the phone in LD 95 and my format is FIRST,LAST. Then I open my CSV file with notepad and in the proper spot, insert and type in the new name and extension. Then upload to the PDT and do the INIT.

KCflhrc - Yes i am doing the INIT_CORP_DIR and then an UPDATE_CORP_DIR.

Hello All: This should close out this thread. I have discovered that if you have two or more people with the same last name, THEN the first name must also be in alphabetical order. As it happens, I have approx 20 iterations of "ROOM" as a last name and the first names were not in alphabetical order. Who would've thought. Once I corrected those, I was able to search on multiple letters for everyone.

IE I had ROOM,EOC
ROOM,ALBION
ROOM,BRITISHCOLUMBIA

Should be ROOM,ALBION
ROOM,BRITISHCOLUMBIA
ROOM,EOC

Hope this helps others out and thanks to all who put in the effort to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back