Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corp-corp questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Jul 2, 2001
US
Hi All,

I recently registered a company and want to do consulting business. I registered a LLC and do not know where/how to proceed further. I know the simplest way is to do corp-corp as it doesn't required any insurance. Bur I am not sure what kind of paperwork/process is involved while doing a corp-corp placements. Can any one help me understand the process what all I need to start with?

Thanks in advance,

ub.

If you're looking at legal and regulatory requirements, you'll probably need to talk to an attorney in your legal jurisdiction. On the Internet you could be anywhere, and even within a single country the requirements could vary widely based on what state or municipality you do business in and are incorporated in (which may not be the same). It's too important an issue to not get specific legal advice from a qualified professional.

As far as landing business goes, there's a certain amount of marketing that you'll probably end up doing, but most of us start off with a network of business contacts who can get you in the door at the companies as an "independent" consultant. Once you've started landing business and building momentum then you can start trading on your name, hire people to do account relationship management, etc, but when you're first starting out it's almost 100% about knowing the right people and getting the right opportunities.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Not sure where you got the idea that you don't need insurance from. You'll still want to pick up E&O insurance to cover yourself. It isn't that expensive (depending on where you are, kind of work, etc.) and it is worth it to have. Some clients will require it.

You'll need a lawyer to help with contracts to make sure that you are protected and to ensure that your responsibilities are clearly spelled out.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2008 BI / MWSS 3.0: Configuration / MOSS 2007: Configuration)
MCITP (SQL 2005 DBA / SQL 2008 DBA / SQL 2005 DBD / SQL 2008 DBD / SQL 2005 BI / SQL 2008 BI)
MCM (SQL 2008)
MVP

My Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back