Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coreldraw Imposition problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpin2000

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
GB
This is the problem, please say if this is impossible in Coreldraw...i'm using v11.

I have an 84 page document set up as single A5 sheets.
I am trying to setup the job in the print preview/imposition settings to show 4 A5's up on an A3! and duplexed to have the correct page sequence on the reverse.

Is this possible? or do i need 3rd party software?

I'm sure it is maybe but Draw is not really intended for documents that big, I'm surprised you haven't found it to be a little temperamental with that many pages. Just for information goto for a good value for money product - Page Plus which maybe better suited for something this size (I assume you don't already have Quark/Indesign etc)
Alan D

Ditto to what Brushman said, that's a helluva lot of pages for Draw to handle. That said, did you try the book/booklet layout?

Whooohoooo! Worked it out. Thanks brushman & javabear. Your comments triggered a series of events that led to the imposition working in Coreldraw.

1) Loaded the 84pp single A5's (1-84 along the bottom)

2) Ctrl-p print dialog and Layout>Imposition Layout>Book

3) Print preview it and hit the Imposition Layout Tool (left second from top)

4)SET BINDING DROP DOWN TO "CUSTOM BINDING" !!!

Now you seem to have control of what pages go where.

You may still have to play with your page sizes and number of signatures...

But that seems to be one method of doing it.

Cheers

Once again Coreldraw saves the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back