Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CorelDRAW 10 Convert <text> to curves?? Option greyed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmlarvick

Technical User
Aug 31, 2010
US
I am fairly new to CorelDRAW, and have version 10. I am trying to send a file to a company to put something together for me. It is only text in a 9" X 1.5" area, and they tell me I have to Convert it to Curves before I send it to them to ensure the fonts don't change and such when they open it their version. When I select my text (either by mouse or using the "Edit> Select All> Text"), The option to "Convert to Curves" under the Arrange menu is grayed out and unusable. I have talked to people at the company requesting this, and whom are familiar with what they are asking me to do, and they can't seem to help me. As they walk me through it, they just keep saying "hmmmmm, don't know why it's grayed out". They are running either version 12 or 13, so maybe there are some differences?? I really need some help on why I can't make a simple text box (using F8) Convert to Curves. It is a new install, so I could easily be missing something simple or a simple setting, as I am brand new to CorelDRAW, and it's a fresh install as of yesterday with no successful attempts at Converting to Curves. Please help, as I will possibly be needing to make regular transfers to this company, and this will get much more annoying than it already is. ;-)

It is possible you are using paragraph text. You have to convert the text to graphic test under text menu and then "Convert to curves" will be available.

Later versions of Draw do allow paragraph text to be converted to curves but you can export as Ai or eps with text to curves option ticked and re-import.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back