Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Fonts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugeneds

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
I have a new computer. On my old one I used 98SE and lost everything. Now with XP I cannot get my old verson of Corel Draw to load and I need the fonts which are on the origional CD. I can see them but they will not open. I do desktop work work using PageMaker and Photoshop. A part of this need is that I have old PageMaker files stored on CDs and to rework them I need the fonts used with the old computer.
Is there a way to open these Corel fonts so that I can add them in with my regular fonts.

Just a suggestion, why not do a GOOGLE search for Corel fonts Download ?

Control Panel, Fonts, File, Add new fonts.

Use the Dialogue box to see the available fonts on the Corel disks and load them if possible.

Older versions of Corel Draw used a propietary font that may not be compatible with newer versions of Windows.

Just for your info, I loaded old Corel Fonts (like: Ottawa, which is a very nice attractive font) into my Windows 98SE and it worked like a charm, since about 2 years, and it is still working.

I use corel as a sign designer.
Copy all the fonts from your corel CD into a folder in your C Drive. Call it CorelFonts or sumpthink.
If not already installed, install Bitstream Font Navigator from your CorelDraw CD 1.
When you open Font Navigator it will ask you to choose drives and folders to find fonts on. select all hard drives and check to search subfolders too.
When that is finished, place your cursor anywhere in the left column and type "ottawa". it will find the font. Now drag it to the right colum to install it. Now open coreldraw and see if it is available. Be aware, every font with corel comes as type 1 and as true type. if you only use true type, for instance, delete all the type one fonts from the folders you copied them to. Do this in windows explorer. Then re-run File/Find Fonts in Bitstream Font Navigator.
Learn to use Font Navigator. it is the best program of its kind.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back