Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw and Internal Link PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenio

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
IT
Is it possible to assign an hyperlink to an object
or text in a corel draw that jump to different
page in a PDF?
I need to make a catalog with the Brands linked
to the different sections on the catalog,
I simply need the hyperlink navigation in HTML
but in PDF.

Thanx

If the "target" is set, the URL should link to any place you choose.

Sample:
Code:
<a href=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://mydocument.com/mylink.html[/URL]
Code:
#MyTarget
Code:
>

This would provide a link to the appropriate page, and the #MyTarget indicates where on the page you want to jump to.

However, in order to set those targets, you are going to have to be able to access the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat. And unless the individual page (or targeted image) is accessible via a standard URL link, you won't be able to link to it. For more info, you may have to check the Adobe Acrobat forums or web pages for help.

HTH,
Russell

Yes, I now the use of ancor in the web pages;
Maybe did not explain my problem very well,
but what I need is to produce ONLY a PDF CATALOG
where is possible to goto to a determinate page,
the use of &quot;next page&quot; &quot;previous page&quot; etc.
just like html but all the navigation must be
inside the pdf.
Acrobat realize it with the link tool, where I
can specify the destination page and the view...
What I need is the same, but with Corel Draw...

Thanks in advance
Snd.

You can assign a URL to an image with the Internet Toolbar. The default view puts half of it off the page, but you can grab the toolbar (next to &quot;Roll over Image&quot; and move it where you can access the entire toolbar (or readjust to a higher resolution).

Once you have an object created or selected, select the &quot;Behavior&quot; box, and make sure it is set to URL, then click the &quot;Internet Address&quot; box, and the drop down arrow gives a default choice of &quot;Top of Page 1&quot; or &quot;Top of Page 2&quot;. If you click the box, the prompt changes to &quot; and you can insert your own url there (complete with target tags).

If you can't find the &quot;Internet Toolbar&quot; go to Window-> Toolbars-> Internet.

This is assuming you have version 11.

HTH,
Russell

Ok...I have a lot of problem to translate
in english my needs, I will try with an
example;
this is document composed in corel draw 9
I did the 3 pages, text, object.
But for the navigation (goto page 1)
(goto page 2) and (back cover) I have
used Acrobat (the link tool) to set
the internal link.
Now! what I need is to make the same
ONLY with Corel Draw.
Thanks for your helping.

Snd.

Alright, now I think I get it. You are trying to create a PDF (Acrobat) with Corel Draw?? Does that sound right?

I am not sure it is possible. In the later versions, you can &quot;distill&quot; a program with Acrobat Distiller, but if you are trying to create an all out Acrobat document, I think you would need to do it with Adobe.

I could be mistaken about this, but I don't think what you are trying is posible. Someone else with more Adobe experience will let you know, as I do very little Adobe work, and even less Acrobat creations.

Sorry.

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back