Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 8 wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have just recently reformated my computer, and i am trying to re-install corel draw 8.When i start the installation, the computer just completely freezes up, and i have to restart.
If anyone knows why, could they please help me??

chalkie, if all else is running well, delete any temp files, do a scandisk and defrag (shouldn't take long on a virgin HD) and try again. Also make sure that you don't have Norton or some antivirus running when you install.

If that fails, copy the CD to a temp directory on your HD, and install from there. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

I may be in the wrong place but have a question. I have just purchased Corel Draw 8 and want to install it. But there are 2 cd's. I auppose I install the stuff on the first cd first. How do I install all the goodies on the second cd
such as the clipart, objects, textures and the like? they do not seem to have installations of their own. Do I just drag them into the Croel Draw 8 program or just get them off the cd as I need them?

I use the second CD only when needed. You could copy the files from the 2nd CD to your HD but that would really be a waste of 600 meg for files that you would probably rarely use.

Actually, You may be missing a CD, since CD8 came with 3 CDs... the main application, and 2 CDs with clip art on one , and photographs and other stuff on the third. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back