Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 8--Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beryulvonp

Technical User
Oct 13, 2002
US
Just bought a Corel Draw 8 and installed it. The manual is like Greek to me. Where do I start? I have been using Photoshop for a couple of years, but still have not learned to use paths much, even on that.

How do I make layers in Corel Draw 8 and what is the procedure?

I don't know how it was in CD8 (then i never used layers) but this is the way in CD11: tools -> object manager. Then i get my object manager on the right, the functions of the buttons speak for itself.

I use CD8 Extensively. Too cheap to upgrade ;-)

Objects are the equivalent in Photopaint. Under View>Dockers menu there should be an Object Docker. It will put a window on the side of the screen (which can be moved around). It controls lots of aspects of objects (merge, order, lock transparency).

Good tool.

As for paths, what are you trying to do exactly?

Thank you. What I want to do is make a line or spiral or whatever and put text to follow it. Then I want to get rid of the line and have just the text in that shape. I then want to export this shaped text as a gif or jpeg.

"fit text to path" is the jigger u r looking for. Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back