Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 8 - Restore Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeMudge

Technical User
Jan 25, 2005
US
I was working with the program and somehow managed to cause the Toolbox to float. Shortly afterward, I inadvertantely clicked something (I know not what) and the Toolbox completely disappeared. I tried reinstalling the program, but that did not help. I found nothing in the manual about losing or restoring the Toolbox, but without it, the program is useless. How do I get back my Toolbox?

Just right click anywhere under the menubar (the grey toolbar area) and check mark Toolbox. That should fix it. Good luck.

Thanks, but if I did that properly, it didn't work. I got a menu with several (Property Bar, Standard, Toolbox, Text, etc.) options displayed vertically. Toolbox was already checked. I unchecked Toolbox, then re-clicked to re-check it, but still have no visible Toolbox. If I misunderstood your instructions, please try again.

I posted this query elsewhere and got this response --- which worked!

TIP 19: RESTORING CORELDRAW TO DEFAULT FACTORY SETTINGS
This can be a very handy shortcut if you have lost toolbars or CorelDRAW is no longer performing or displaying as it use to. By Holding your finger on the F8 key as you start CorelDRAW running, you will engage the factory default's. A dialogue box will appear asking if you wish to restore to default values. " WARNING" This will remove any settings you have made under" tools-options".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back